Springboard’s flagship stock pitch activity is coming back. We are making it more educational this time. In addition to stock pitch exercise, we will share tips for answering tough interview questions.
Participants can refer to latest rules and guideline on our web page here. Please spend some time reading through the documents as our past experience shows that those prepared have a higher chance of performing well.
Springboard is jointly hosting a networking even with AB Maximus coming June 8th Thursday.
We would like to take the week after the June 2017 CFA exams to organise a cosy networking drinks with our veterans’ trainers and industry practitioners.
In this inaugural networking event by AB Maximus, you will get a chance to connect with your classmates and the alumni from our classes. Hear from these front and mid office professionals about their work life in the finance industry or after that. You may also hear “qualified rumours” among our guests about which firms are quietly hiring for recent job vacancies. Most of these roles may not even be publicized as they will be filled by networking contacts in such events.
- L. Peter, CFA – veteran investment banker & professional non-executive dir of public companies
- Jason, CFA – CEO, regional fund management firm
- T. Wong, CFA – Director of a securities firm in a regional bank
- SS – Chairman of audit and advisory firm
- Chong L. K., CFA – Investment professional of a securities firm
- Yeo T H, CFA – Hedge fund manager of a global investment firm
- K. Albert, CFA – founding partner of a fintech company, ex sell-side research
- Valerie, CFA – Independent research analyst, ex sell-side analyst at top-tier banks
- Raffles Place area, TBA to registered participants only
Date and Time
- Thu, June 8, 2017
- 7:00 PM – 10:30 PM Singapore Time
- Past/Current CFA Students* – $25 (registration ends 29 May)
- Early Bird (friends) – $35 (registration ends 4 June)
- Standard (friends) – $45
- Register at Eventbrite.
Cost includes first drink and food on platters.
* SpringBoard mentors & SpringBoard success stories and current interns enjoy discounted rate, just email Kar Wee (email below).
Please send all enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 6327 5916
P.S: Check out photos here: https://www.facebook.com/Scholars.SpringBoard/posts/1751620521520976
It is always good to hear from our students, not only how they benefit from our program but also how they have been determined and committed to their better future.
JL participated in our foundation classroom training
in March 2016 and after a period of preparation, she managed to join the investment industry at the beginning of 2017. Like many other Springboard success stories, she is not from a prestigious background. At the first glance of her CV back in 2016, she wasn’t someone that can stand out in the competition for interviews. However, she was not giving up and consistently making herself closer to her dream job. Now let’s hear what she shares.
When the overall job market is weak, we continue to receive requests from our investment management friends to find quality candidates.
A PE firm involved in clean energy projects is looking for a junior PE analyst. They are looking for preferably someone with relevant experience in IB, financial modelling or equivalent. He/she must be able to work under pressure and in a fast-paced international environment. An interest and experience in renewable sector is an advantage but not a requirement. Continue reading
One of our connection in an investment is looking for an IB analyst (0-3 years experience in corporate finance/M&A) to join the team. Besides typical requirement for junior IB analyst, the candidate should preferably be able to speak and write in native Chinese. He/she will cover China/South-East Asia ECM/M&A Deals. Interested please send in your CV and integrated financial model to email@example.com. Only short listed candidates will be notified.
SpringBoard’s year is coming to a close, having completed 2 semesters of the Analyst Training Camp and Advanced Programs that have brought professionals closer to their front office ambitions.
Come Dec 7 and we will host our final networking session of 2016 for jobseekers and front office veterans to come together and chat. Recount fond memories of 2016 and advance your career for 2017. Register Here!