Dear Springboard interns,
I wish to inform you that the fourth season of Kairos Research Challenge for year 2014 kicks off and registration opens on September 27th. Updated rules and guidelines are attached for your reference. We have provided a research report template for you to follow whereby you are required to fill up certain financials of your company. Lastly a quick checklist is provided for you to do a quick check before you submit your report to us.
In this season, you are required to find an excellent BUY idea with more than 20% upside. Please be reminded of our liquidity requirement that market cap of your pick should be above US$500m and liquidity of it should be at least US$5m average value traded over the past one month. Our comprehensive rules and guidelines (http://springboardtm.com.sg/
about-us/downloads/) provides you the exact procedure with which you could check if your pick is qualified.
It is also a requirement for you to call up company, and/or company’s competitor to find out more to facilitate your thesis. There will be demerit of 20 points if you fail to do so.
Since last season, we have started providing a research report template. Please find it our website http://springboardtm.com.sg/
about-us/downloads/. You are free to modify the name of sections inside however the font and spacing in the template should be retained.
IMPORTANT NOTES: I would like to extract a few items from our rules and guidelines for you to take note:
- Research summary to be strictly NO LONGER than 4 pages, exclusive of financial details and Q&As at the back of the report, and to be submitted by 12:00PM of November 13th. Detailed guideline can be found in the attachment. We will only print four pages from your investment summary body for our judges.
- Presentation to be strictly NO LONGER than 7 minutes. We will cut your presentation off right at 7 min, before when we will update you the time lapsed during your presentation.
- We provided great depth of guideline for your investment summary and presentation. Please spend time reading our attachment.
- Please take note of the following important dates:
- On September 27th: Research competition guideline, restriction of stock pick, and research report template to be distributed to SpringboardTM’s advanced track intern. Followed by publicity for public registration.
- By October 25th: Participant to respond to email email@example.com his/her stock pick
- By November 13th 12:00PM (Thursday): Participant to email firstname.lastname@example.org his/her research report, limited to 4 pages.
- On November 15th (Saturday) morning: 7 min presentation by participants, followed by Q&A
To give you some sense of what has happened in the past, we have uploaded the top performers’ work (report and presentation) into our website. Those files can be found at our website: http://springboardtm.com.sg/
We will inform you the actual start time and venue of the event before November 15th. Please reach the venue at least 5 min early to conduct balloting to determine your sequence of presentation.
If you have any question, please direct your question to your regular SpringBoard contact, ie me, Yoman, or Eng Yew.
Please plan your time early and do your best!
Springboard Talent Management LLP