As SpringBoard TM transforms itself into a platform for hiring managers to source for quality front office professionals, we are pleased to diversify our portfolio of jobs beyond entry level positions to include those seeking relevant experience. This allows us to help the more experienced members of the SpringBoard community and build a stronger community.
The position (SBJ2015D01) featured below is in fixed income, where there is a talent crunch. If you possess relevant experience and expertise in this area, you will be handsomely rewarded.
If you are interested in the position, please send us an email with subject “SBJ2015D01” ASAP at firstname.lastname@example.org with
(1) your CV; AND
(2) a sample of your fixed income work for our assessment.
We will only contact and refer candidates whom we find suitable, and may not able to respond to all applicants about the outcome.
Candidates who wish to jumpstart their career pursuit in the front office may wish to register for our upcoming Analyst Training Camp Season 2 in Jun/Jul, taught by an experienced investment research director.
SBJ2015D01: Corporate Credit Desk Analyst for Fixed Income Sales and Trading desk in an Investment Bank, Asian ex Japan Credit, Based in Singapore
We are looking to hire a credit research desk analyst to join our fixed income sales and trading desk based in Singapore. The desk analyst will be responsible for assisting traders in assessing opportunities in the Asia ex Japan Fixed Income space based on a combination of rigorous fundamental research and trading technicals.
- Assisting traders in assessing investment opportunities by conducting independent, fundamental credit research and taking into consideration trading technicals.
- Analyze and explain economic, political and competitive drivers that impact a borrower’s credit quality.
- Conduct analysis on a company’s business, financial and competitive positioning.
- Create historical and projected financial models, analyzing key financial and operational metrics.
- Interact with management teams, industry sources, other credit analysts, and rating agencies analysts.
- Communicate credit opinions and investment recommendations orally and in writing to traders and external clients.
- Maintain research on current holdings and researching on potential investments or new bond issues.
- Able to respond to unexpected credit events or news headlines fast by communicating thoughts to traders and sending out commentaries to clients.
Preference for candidates with fixed income research background. Candidates with investment banking, debt or equity capital markets, equity research, ratings research and credit risk backgrounds are also welcomed to apply.
- Proven experience in understanding, interpreting and modeling financial statements, with specific experience analyzing companies and capital structures.
- Familiarity and experience with bond covenants and knowledge of Asian bankruptcy regimes.
- Inquisitive nature, driven to excel in all aspects of the analytical process and in assessing opportunities through different industries.
- Flexible, responsive and self-starting personality with keen attention to detail. Open-minded thought process and intellectual honesty with an ability to dynamically adapt to coverage of different parts of the credit spectrum.
- Must possess the desire and ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Conversant in Mandarin or Bahasa Indonesia.