Dear Springboard interns,
I wish to inform you that the third season of Kairos Research Challenge for year 2015 kicks off and registration opens on now. You can refer to latest rules and guideline in our webpage here.
Key changes this season in response to feedbacks from industry practitioners:
- Detailed guidelines for the structure of your presentation slide. Please refer to rules and guideline page 4. Most importantly you are required to summarize your investment idea, call, upside/downside on the first slide.
- Updated research template. You are recommended to present detailed operation statistic comparison with peers, along with quantitative analysis of the company’s financials.
- Register your stock idea with one page summary. For us to qualify your idea, you will need to submit to us one page summary of why your stock is a Buy, including preliminary valuation.
General Requirement. In this season, you are required to find an excellent BUY idea with more than 20% upside, in any market (typically Asia-Pacific, Europe, UK, US). Please be reminded of our liquidity requirement that market cap of your pick should be above US$500m and liquidity of it should be at least US$5m average value traded over the past one month. Our comprehensive rules and guidelines provides you the exact procedure with which you could check if your pick is qualified. To be qualified for the upside, DCF should not be the primary valuation method. Instead, you should have compelling reasons, such as industry analysis, peer valuation analysis to justify your call.
Research template – DO NOT change font size, spacing and layout. Since first season in 2015, we have started providing a research report template. Please find it our website https://springboardtm.com.sg/about-us/downloads/. You are free to modify the name of sections inside however the font and spacing in the template should be retained but please do not change font size and layout. I would like to emphasize on the enhanced risk analysis framework and shareholder background checks.
Recap – Understanding the industry. You are required to contact IR, in order to have a good picture of the company and its industry. You are recommended to speak to people in the industry to have a better picture of the industry. 20 bonus points will be given if you understand the industry well.
IMPORTANT NOTES: I would like to extract a few items from our rules and guidelines for you to take note:
1) Research the back of the report, and to be submitted by 12:00PM of July 25th. Detailed guideline can be found in the attachment. We will only print four pages from your investment summary body for our judges.summary to be strictly NO LONGER than 4 pages, exclusive of financial details and Q&As at
2) Presentation to be strictly NO LONGER than 7 minutes. We will cut your presentation off right at 7 min, before when we will update you the time lapsed during your presentation.
3) We provided great depth of guideline for your investment summary and presentation. Please spend time reading our attachment.
– By June 27th 2015: Participant to respond to email firstname.lastname@example.org his/her stock pick and state in one page the reason for this to be a Buy idea, with preliminary valuation. Springboard will respond to you within 7 days if your idea is NOT qualified such that you will have time to find another convincing idea.
– By July 20th 12:00PM (Monday) 2015: Participant to email email@example.com his/her draft of research report.
– By July 23rd 12:00PM (Thursday) 2015: Participant to email firstname.lastname@example.org his/her research report, limited to 4 pages for the main body and in pdf format.
– On July 25th (Saturday) morning: 7 min presentation by participants, followed by 15min Q&A
Past papers and slides from winners. To give you some sense of what has happened in the past, we have uploaded the top performers’ work (report and presentation) into our website. Those files can be found at our website: https://springboardtm.com.sg/about-us/downloads/
We will inform you the actual start time and venue of the event before July 25th. Please reach the venue at least 10 min early to conduct balloting to determine your sequence of presentation. Late comer or late submission of your report might disqualify you from participating in the stock pitck.
If you have any question, please direct your question to your regular SpringBoard contact, ie me, Yoman, or Eng Yew.
Please plan your time early and do your best!
Springboard Talent Management LLP