I would like to inform you that first season of Kairos Research Challenge for year 2016 kicks off and registration opens on now. You can refer to latest rules and guideline in our webpage here. Please spend some time reading through the documents as our past experience shows that those prepared have a higher chance of performing well.
General Requirement. In this season, you are required to find an excellent BUY idea with more than 20% upside, in any market (typically Asia-Pacific, Europe, UK, US). Please be reminded of our liquidity requirement that market cap of your pick should be above US$500m and liquidity of it should be at least US$5m average value traded over the past one month.
Research template – DO NOT change font size, spacing and layout. Since first season in 2015, we have started providing a research report template. Please find it our website http://springboardtm.com.sg/
Important – Please answer all the questions in the research template. If you don’t understand the question in the template. Please contact us.
IMPORTANT NOTES: I would like to extract a few items from our rules and guidelines for you to take note:
1) Final Research report to be submitted by 12:00PM of Jan 28th. We will only print four pages from your investment summary body for our judges.summary to be strictly NO LONGER than 4 pages, exclusive of financial details and Q&As at
2) Presentation to be strictly NO LONGER than 7 minutes. We will cut your presentation off right at 7 min, before when we will update you the time lapsed during your presentation.
3) We provided great depth of guideline for your investment summary and presentation. Please spend time reading our attachment.
– By Jan 2nd 2015: Participant to respond to email email@example.com his/her stock pick and state in one page the reason for this to be a Buy idea, with preliminary valuation. Springboard will respond to you within 7 days if your idea is NOT qualified such that you will have time to find another convincing idea.
– By Jan 21st 12:00PM (Thursday) 2015: Participant to email firstname.lastname@example.org his/her research report (first cut), limited to 4 pages for the main body and in pdf format.
– For first time participant, please prepare presentation slide and arrange a mock session with your mentor by Jan 24th Oct 18th to find our your area for improvement. You will have one week to improve your thesis and presentation.
– By Jan 28th 12:00PM (Thursday): Participant to email his/her final research report, limited to 4 pages for the main body and in pdf format.
– On Jan 30th (Saturday) morning: 7 min presentation by participants, followed by 15min Q&A
Past papers and slides from winners. To give you some sense of what has happened in the past, we have uploaded the top performers’ work (report and presentation) into our website. Those files can be found at our website: http://springboardtm.com.sg/
We will inform you the actual start time and venue of the event before Jan 28th. Please reach the venue at least 10 min early to conduct balloting to determine your sequence of presentation. Late comer or late submission of your report might disqualify you from participating in the stock pitck.
If you have any question, please direct your question to your regular SpringBoard contact, ie me, Yoman, or Eng Yew.
Please plan your time early and do your best!