SpringBoard’s Expert Seminar series aims to allow our members to acquire more in-depth knowledge in the investment industry.
Sum of parts valuation is the most popular way to value conglomerates, such as Sembcorp Industries or Jardine Cycle & Carriage.
However, are you aware of the tricks when you are valuing them, especially for the first time?
Are you curious about how institutional investors value this group of companies and how do they make profit?
In this two-hour workshop, we will introduce to you how to use the sum-of-parts framework to value conglomerates in Asia: Register Here!
- Most commonly used equity valuation methodologies for conglomerates
- How are these methodologies used in different type of conglomerates, and Why?
- What are the financial details to focus on; and what are those that can be easily missed out?
- Why are conglomerates trading at a discount to their Net Asset Value?
- Limitation of the SOTP method
- Bonus: How are hedge funds trading the conglomerates?
Event & Registration Details
- Date & Time: Thu, 14 Jul 2016, 7 – 9pm
- Location: TBA, near MRT
- 7.00pm – 8.30pm: Seminar
- 8.30 – 9pm: Q&A and Networking
- Partner Groups: $19 (by 22 Jun)
- Early Bird: $29 (by 22 Jun)
- Regular: $38 (by 13 Jul)
- SpringBoard Advanced Intern: Free
Mr. Ke Yan, CFA, FRM, is a strategist with Smartkarma, the most innovative Asia based independent research platform. He spearheads the development of a world-leading dynamic valuation tool covering over 70 conglomerates around the world. He has accumulated vast experiences covering the valuation and trading of conglomerates over the past few years. Prior to joining Smartkarma, he was with a regional broker covering ASEAN offshore & marine, and consumer sectors.
Who should attend
- This workshop is for junior to mid-level investors:
- Students with finance/accounting background/experience
- CFA candidates
- Private investors
- Institutional investors who want to learn more investment strategies
Other SpringBoard Programs
Analyst Training Camp 2016 Season 2 (Sep – Oct)
Exclusive Networking with Investment Analysts (23 Jun)
Latest Career Tips from SpringBoard
How to profile yourself on LinkedIn and get hired
Banking and Finance Hiring Trend in Singapore
Success Story: Harvey landed a PE job despite tough market