[Event Description can be accessed via https://www.scholarsvillage.com/index.php/scholars-village-on-the-news]
[Pls join our facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=123298127704065#!/pages/Scholars-Village-SpringBoard-Program-Finance/128188257197552 ]
Some of you came to our “Insider Perspectives by buy-side/ sell-side analysts” event on 19 Feb 10 aimed to give you an insight into the life of buy-side/ sell-side analysts—their challenges and most rewarding part of their careers—which was well-attended by slightly more than 50ppl despite being in the first week of Chinese New Year festive period.
We know markets have been v choppy lately, and for people at the buy-side, it is important for us to know:
(1) How to distinguish a good sell-side analyst from mediocre ones;and
(2) How to differentiate an equity salesperson with substance from “empty vessels making lots of noise”.
This is why we are now doing this event to provide you with insights from junior portfolio managers on the following:-
- How does buy-side and sell-side co-exist in this investment eco-system?
- What qualities do portfolio managers perceive as essential for a good sell-side analyst?
- What are the general methods used by portfolio managers to distinguish a good sell-side analyst/ salesperson from a mediocre one?
Secondary items include brief sharing by Eng Yew on Coaching / Resume/ Equity Research Programmes under Springboard Program [URL: https://www.scholarsvillage.com/index.php/component/content/article/33]
Venue Mirchi’s Kebab Factory @ The Sail @ Marina Bay
Date 11 June 2010
Capacity: Limited to 30 pax at webpage [https://www.apesnap.com/event/springboard004]
Cost $25 at door [for insights into portfolio managers’ perception + networking + housepour]
Everybody will pay at the door, but please register early to avoid disappointment, as we have limited capacity at the event venue.
Have a good time, and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Yo-man & Eng Yew
SpringBoard Program (by Scholars’ Village)