Our Foundation Mentorship helps you build your foundation of financial modelling. However, there are many other things you should know before you become a full-time investment analyst. We illustrate the necessary components in the above chart. (Please speak to us if you want to know more details)
Turning to our Advanced Mentorship, it is ONLY for those with passion and commitment to join the investment industry. It aims to provide a solid foundation for an entry level investment analyst job. The training is centred around the essential skillsets pictured above with the ultimate goal of landing a job.
If you are able to master all, we can guarantee that your chance of landing a job is substantially higher than your peers, simply because you can think like a professional investors.
To join the Advanced Mentorship, you will need to be cleared on your financial modelling skills. (If you are not sure about your competency, please contact us.)
Along with the mentorship, you will have a good chance of gaining your real experience working as a part time intern for our partners or our industry connects on life projects. This bonus is merit based and is not guaranteed.
Duration and deliverables
- You are expected to complete it in three months, ending with a research report covering a stock and a stock pitch (private or group).
- The curriculum will be delivered by video, followed by homework to be done on your side.
- During mentorship sessions, you will have feedbacks from your mentor, as needed after you submitted your homework. Mentorship sessions are conducted online.
- We are guiding 6 such sessions, each lasting no more than 30mins. It can be shorter if you don’t have questions and slightly longer if you have more questions, but in general, it should not be longer than 40 minutes.
- As much as possible, we will place you in a part time internship arrangement so that you can work for a professional to gain the real experience. However, this arrangement is subject to the availability and your capability demonstrated during your mentorship sessions.
Advanced financial model tailored to sectors
- Segment forecast
- Growth and margins assumptions to be used
- Fine tune your forecast assumptions
- Common adjustment analyst made
- Checking against the consensus
- We will show you how professional analysts construct financial models. It is substantially different from any financial model you could have built in school. Mastering it will help you build a model that is as close to a pro model as possible. Our experience tells us this will help you gain a favourable impression from hiring managers and sometimes you can even by-pass the technical interview!
- Homework: Building a more in-depth financial model than what you have learnt in your foundation
Universal research framework
- A professional analytical framework that imparts the professional investors’ thought process to you. Think & analyse like a pro!
- Include: writing and presenting executive summary, company background research, industry research, insider research, financial and operational analysis, forecast, arbitrage opportunities, valuation of the company
This is a powerful framework that reflects the thought process of professional investors. If you can master this, you will nail any interview for junior investment analysts.
- Homework: investment research on a selected stock
Industry analysis techniques
- Life cycle analysis
- Supply and demand Analysis
- Don’t under estimate the industry analysis. Doing it in an institutional manner will help you stand out from other candidates.
Reading Research Reports (initiation + maintenance)
- Initiation report
- Maintenance report
- A professional research report is very different from the academic report that you could have written in the school environment.
- Before you become a real analyst, it is good to know how the professional analyst covers a stock in their work and what are the key things to take note.
- These sessions will also help you on your first semi-professional coverage under our advanced mentorsip program.
Financial terminals for Equity Research
- Capital IQ
- These are two of the most popular financial terminals used by investment professionals. Start using them for your research projects to improve the depth and breadth of your analysis.
- Presentation demo & research report explained by our past champion
- Referral for life work under investment professional if you can demonstrate passion, quality of work and commitment.
Additional Membership Benefit
- FOC for Springboard events for 6 months
- Life-long 50% discount to access Springboard events