SpringBoard is organizing Season 4 of its equity research competition and is now open for registration by the public.
Who should participate?
You are welcome to participate if you would like to:
– Showcase your investment ideas to veterans from the investment community and get feedback;
– Improve your interview skills for front office roles;
– Experience first-hand the challenges faced by equity analysts; or
– Be hired potentially by hiring managers attending the event
What do you need to do in our competition?
– You are given a few weeks to come up with a stock pick according to our rules and guidelines, and prepare a 4-page investment report.
– You are given no more than 7 min to pitch your idea, followed by a 10 min Q&A with our panel of judges. Through this exercise, you will not only get a good sense of interview questions commonly asked by hiring managers, but also improve on your investment acumen through interaction with industry veterans. Feedback will be provided at the end of the session to let participants know how they can do better.
– Prize: Special guests (typically hiring managers) are invited to our event to watch our contestants LIVE in action. The winner of the competition will be granted a private chat with the special guest(s), while contestants may also be approached if they are found suitable for any opportunity.
Winners and other outstanding contestants from previous competitions had been approached by our special guests, and they are now successful, either working in the front office or close to firming contracts with prospective employers. You can find (1) reports and presentations from past winners and (2) competition rules and guidelines at here.
For this upcoming competition, we will focus on SHORT ideas, to be presented in front of a strong line-up of investment professionals as our panel of judges.
– Tim – veteran hedge fund manager with Short Alpha background;
– CK – senior equity sales with research &portfolio management background;
– Kairos – two buy-side analysts;
– AKY – sell-side analyst & curriculum developer from SpringBoard
Sat 5 Jul at 9.30am (TBC)
A convenient location close to MRT, to be disclosed to participants only
Participants: $249 (by 25 May); $299 (by 8 Jun)
Obervers: $499 (by 5 Jul)
1. Execute a bank transfer of the fee to our DBS Savings Acct 025-0-052957
2. Email email@example.com with a screenshot of the payment confirmation, your mobile number and CV.
3. Competition rules and details are then released to registered participants.
Please feel free to speak to us if you would like to know more about details of the competition.
Other upcoming SpringBoard Programs:
Jul 12, 19, 26, Aug 2, 9 – Financial Modeling Classroom Season 3
May 30 – Seminar: How to avoid the Interview Pitfalls
Cheers, Eng Yew
M: +65 96372798
SpringBoard’s exclusive job openings and events are found at springboardtm.com.sg
Mentorship Program | CV & Profile Enhancement | Strategic Partnerships | Networking & Insider Insights | Career Consultations