Springboard’s flagship stock pitch activity is coming back. We are making it more educational this time. In addition to stock pitch exercise, we will share tips for answering tough interview questions.
Participants can refer to latest rules and guideline on our web page here. Please spend some time reading through the documents as our past experience shows that those prepared have a higher chance of performing well.
- FOC for students under Springboard advanced mentorship program
- FOC for other Springboard students as audience
- S$50 for external participants who like to take challenges and hone your interview skills for front office jobs
- S$25 for external audience
- As usual, 50% discount for Springboard alumni
General Requirement. In this season, you are required to find an excellent BUY/SELL idea with more than 20% upside/downside, in any market (typically Asia-Pacific, Europe, UK, US). Please be reminded of our liquidity requirement that market cap of your pick should be above US$500m and liquidity of it should be at least US$5m average value traded over the past one month.
Our comprehensive rules and guidelines provide you with the exact procedure with which you could check if your pick is qualified. To be qualified for the upside, DCF should not be the primary valuation method. Instead, you should have compelling reasons, such as industry analysis, peer valuation analysis to justify your call.
Research template – DO NOT change font size, spacing and layout. Since the first season in 2015, we have started providing a research report template. Please find it our website https://springboardtm.com.sg/
Important – Please answer all the questions in the research template. If you don’t understand the question in the template. Please contact us.
Understanding the industry – this is very important and please spend more time. You are required to contact IR, in order to have a good picture of the company and its industry. You are recommended to speak to people in the industry to have a better picture of the industry. 20 bonus points will be given if you understand the industry well. If you are not sure, check with your Springboard contact or consult your mentor.
IMPORTANT NOTES: I would like to extract a few items from our rules and guidelines for you to take note:
1) Final research report to be submitted by 12:00 PM of July 13th. We will only print four pages from your investment summary body for our judges.summary to be strictly NO LONGER than 4 pages, exclusive of financial details and Q&A.
2) Presentation to be strictly NO LONGER than 7 minutes. We will cut your presentation off right at 7 min before when we will update you the time lapsed during your presentation.
3) We provided great depth of guideline for your investment summary and presentation. Please spend time reading our attachment.
– By July 1st 2017: Participant to respond to email email@example.com his/her stock pick and state in one page the reason for this to be a Buy idea, with preliminary valuation. Springboard will respond to you within 7 days if your idea is NOT qualified such that you will have time to find another convincing idea.
– For first time participant, please prepare presentation slide and arrange a mock session with your mentor by July 13th to find out your area for improvement. You will have one week to improve your thesis and presentation.
– By July 13th 12:00 PM (Thursday): Participant to email his/her final research report to firstname.lastname@example.org, limited to 4 pages for the main body and in pdf format.
– On July 15th (Saturday) afternoon: 7 min presentation by participants, followed by 15min Q&A.
Past papers and slides from winners. To give you some sense of what has happened in the past, we have uploaded the top performers’ work (report and presentation) into our website. Those files can be found at our website: https://springboardtm.com.sg/
We will inform you the actual start time and venue of the event before July 15th. Please reach the venue at least 10 min early to conduct balloting to determine your sequence of presentation. Late comer or late submission of your report might disqualify you from participating in the stock pitch.
If you have any question, please direct your question to your regular SpringBoard contact.
Please plan your time early and do your best!