Some of you came to our “Evening of Opportunity” event on 12 Dec 09 aimed to help you get into Finance Industry. We saw a strong turnout of ~40ppl and subsequently received over 20 applications for the Coaching/ Resume/ Equity Research projects under the SpringBoard Program.
During the interview process, we found many with an unrealistic perception of a (buy-side/sell-side) analyst’s job – (much like a research fellow working for a professor in university) building models all day long and getting rewards and awards for outstanding research reports sent to bosses, I’m sure those familiar with the investment industry find this quite amusing!
This is why we are now doing this event to provide you with insights into a (buy-side/ sell-side) analyst’s job.
Venue The Rupee Room
Date 19 Feb 2010, Friday
Capacity: Limited to 30 pax at webpage [https://www.apesnap.com/event/springboard002]
Cost $20 at door [for insights into analysts’ work & life + networking + housepour]
We have at least 5 ppl on the panel of both sell-side (Credit Suisse, Yuanta, BNP, Shinhan) and buy-side analysts from long-only funds. The speakers on the panel will share their experiences and views, with me as the facilitator on the following talking points.
- How did you join the investment industry?
- How is your typical day like?
- What are your key activities on the job?
- What are the challenges you face/ who are your competitors?
- What do you feel is the most rewarding part of your job?
- Why do some analysts progress faster in their careers, compared to their colleagues/ competitors?
- How does a firm decide which analysts/ sales people to lay off first in the 2008 financial crisis?
- Have you ever regretted joining the investment industry, or what would you have done otherwise?
Everybody will pay at the doorstep, but please register early to avoid disappoint, as we have limited capacity at the event venue.
Have a good time, and we look forward to seeing you soon.