Judges & Ranking
- At least three professional analysts, from buyside or sellside.
- At least one from SpringboardTM team
- Hiring managers who is looking for talents
- Each judge will provide scores for each contestant. A simple average will be applied to obtain contestants’ score, for final ranking.
What do you need to provide?
- An investment summary should be preferably no longer than 4 pages. We will ONLY print four pages for our judges. However, we will score low for report lack of clear logic flow and conciseness.
- A presentation to the judging committee is limited to 7 min per candidate with an additional 10-15 min for Q&A
- A different set of presentation report should be used during the competition and must be kept between 3-4 pages long with graphs/charts/tables to be placed in the Appendix. A proper presentation slide will help the participant to communicate his/her idea more effectively.
What do we look out for?
We do not have a specific structure to follow as long as the report covers the basic points as shown below:
- Provide a company background: What does the firm do and how they derive their revenue source(s)
- How does the industry operate and the firm’s relative position to the industry
- Bonus will be given to those with in-depth industry trend analysis
- Give a peer comparison(s) analysis including key financial ratios
- Explain why the company should be a BUY/HOLD/SELL recommendation:
- – Provide a few reasons to support his/her recommendation
- – The recommendation must be able to show the firm’s competitive edge
- – Give us the story
- Valuations, assumptions and a margin of safety should be reasonable and logical
- Investment risks and catalysts for potential upside
- Full-statement financial models are not necessary. However, a sound model will value add to his/her job search.
- We want to see a clear analysis of the company and not just reporting of the facts (i.e. no plagiarizing nor cut & paste)
- The key factor is to be able to convince us why the company is a BUY/HOLD/SELL